Friday, August 1, 2008

Growing up

Today began Tennessee's semi-annual tax free weekend. One of my favorite and stressful shopping experiences. Everyone is out trying to buy shoes, clothes, whatever you need to for back to school because it is tax free. If you plan, which I did, the savings can really add up. But you have to be willing to fight some crowds. We have returned home from our little shopping adventure, somewhat poorer, but ready for school to begin in just 10 short days...and then it hit me. 10 days until my baby starts kindergarten. It was kinda a sad moment for me as a mom. I can still remember the day I found out we were finally being blessed with another child, when he was actually born, and all those other milestones that melts a mom's heart. No, I didn't cry, but I probably will when that first day comes. Time goes by so fast, it has made me realize the importance of living each day to the fullest.

It reminds me of this verse: Jer. 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Since it seems like only yesterday he was a baby, tomorrow could see him graduating from high school. I will just keep praying for him...and Taylor too....she was an adult when she was 3 so I am in trouble over her being 9.

No comments: