Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Time goes by so fast



I know, I have been silent for a while. But Katie has been doing such a great job, how much could I add? ... This is a short post....


This is for all of the new dads out there with little boys. Today I felt like, Katie was expecting, I blinked my eyes, and then today I was walking our baby boy to school for the first time. We have been to the orientation meetings with him last week and yesterday Katie and I walked him to his class and met his teacher. Today however, was different. I walked him and his sister to the edge of the school grounds and then had to let go of his hand and watch him walk by himself the rest of the way to the school till he was in the door. I got a bit choked up on the way home, as it seemed like we just brought him home from the hospital last year. He is such a strong and smart little guy and loves meeting new friends. I am so thankful to God for sending him to us and allowing us to be his mom and dad. I pray that we as parents continue to stay out of the way and let God grow Bradley into a Godly little boy with a child like faith. I learn so much from the two children God as given us to care for and nurture.

2 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

You had me crying, and I'm not even his parent! Bradley is a little angel. I love him dearly, and so do Jonah and Noah! Taylor is precious too...your whole family is. I'm glad to have become friends with your wife...she's an awesome lady. I look forward to getting to know you more, too! God bless!

Susan said...

What a sweet post and a cute picture of Bradley. He is such a precious boy.