Friday, August 8, 2008

Worship

Why is it that no matter how I feel, when I drop everything and begin to worship, my whole outlook can change? I know the answer, it's Jesus. He never ceases to amaze me. I have had a really rough week. This afternoon, I felt that I was at the end of my rope. I kept thinking about the Jeremy Camp song, I Still Believe. So off to you tube I went for some free worship while I let my kids watch TV. His story amazed me, when he had been married only 4 short months, his wife died of cancer. It brought tears to my eyes.
This part of the chorus really spoke volumes to me. " The only place I can go is into your arms where I throw to you my feeble prayers in brokeness I can see that this was your will for me Help me to know You are near."
What a beautiful reality to be able to go straight to your Father's arms knowing that even in your time of need, He is always faithful. That His will is perfect, even when we cannot see, and we want to know the how's and the why's. To further that, when we don't get the answers we want or expect, we have to trust Him our Father, knowing that I can only see a tiny microscopic piece of the picture but He can see the entire finished work.

I Corinthians 13:12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
There are some things that I look forward to knowing when I get to heaven. But part of me wonders if I will even care because in His presence I do not think that it will matter.

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

May I recommend a book??? Besides the Bible, but it's good. I just started it yesterday, it's by Priscilla Shirer, and it's called, A Jewel In His Crown. You can go the Lifeway bookstore website, or christianbooks. com to check it out. Seriously. GET IT. It's amazing.=)