Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A new way

Lately, I have had to stop and take a hard look at life. Why I do the things I do, and question some reasons behind them. I know that it is because I feel my life spiritually, mentally, and physically are exploding right now. (and no I am not gaining weight or pregnant.) Because of this growth, I have left some old things behind, or at least I'm trying to. In picking up new things, I have been focused on church life. I love our church. If I could sum it up in one word, it would be: FAMILY. I have never experienced this type of feeling with a church before. For those who do not know, I am a PK and so even though our church was small, it has always seemed like what I did was on display. Until we moved to the Memphis area, we were involved in pretty legalistic churches. Keeping this in mind, I am moving out of the mind-set of you told me so it must be true, or I serve because you told me I should or I go to church because it is Sunday. I could go on.

Back to family, my new family, are unlike most people I've ever dealt with, honestly it is refreshing to be surrounded and supported by people who actually care, people who love me just as I am, and who know all my faults. It was been a huge lesson in unconditional love for me, something I have longed for most of my life. I have found joy serving here. It made me realize that service for Him is not about me. When I get out of His way and let Him use me, that is when I make the most difference. When I just show up, you can tell. I no longer want to be someone who just shows up. I also no longer want to think look what I can do for you, but look what HE can do. I want my life to reflect Him and His glory, so that He can use me how He wants.

No comments: