Monday, August 11, 2008

God's Provision....

One of my dear friends has a saying, "God is never early, He's never late, He's always right on time." We experienced that this weekend. In February, we decided that it would be best for us to go debt free and get rid of all our credit cards. This has been a huge adjustment for us, because we liked being able to do what we wanted when we wanted it. We are now trying to come up from under all the debt we had amassed over the years. It hasn't been fun, but God has been so good to us and has taught us that if we just wait on Him, He will provide.

Today is the first day of school, and this week, my Bradley will be heading off to Kindergarten. Being the mom that I am, I wanted to be able to get him some clothes for school. So one day before "tax free" weekend, we went through his closet. He had a lot of clothes that just fit, leaving not a lot of room for growing. My budget for BTS was small, but I am a frugal shopper and knew that I could get what I needed for what I had. My favorite store to shop for the kids is Gymboree. Now, I know what you are thinking...high dollar clothes....but wait, if you shop there at the right time, you can get your stuff as cheap as wal-mart or target and have better quality clothes that last a long time. Anyway, I hit a sale, and had an additional 20% off and got some great deals. (This was not God's provision...keep reading...)

Saturday morning, we took the kids and went down to the Neighborhood school to help them get ready for the new school year. We had a great time, God is really at work there, and I was blessed to be a part of it. Mike S. and I were talking briefly about the girls and how some of them only have 1 uniform to start the school year with. This tugged at my heart, but I thought, Lord, what can I do? Our budget is really tight and I can't really help them right now. But, He is good and He has made a way. Later that evening, I got a call from a friend, Melissa. She told me that her neighbor had brought her some clothes for her son, but many of them didn't and she thought they might fit Bradley. Her husband was on her way out to get dinner, and she asked if I minded if he dropped them off to us. I said sure and figured he would be showing up with several Kroger bags of clothes, which I was delighted with. But, when he did show up, he brought 6 white trash bags full of clothes, shoes, even a winter coat all in Bradley's size and even the next size up!! So now, I have enough clothes for this year, and probably next too.
And then it hit me, we no longer need the clothes that I ordered from Gymboree because we now have plenty. God has made a way for me to help the girls at TNS in need of uniforms. I can return the things we originally purchased Bradley and buy what they need to get started at school. I am still amazed at how He works. I am continually grateful for the blessings that He has given us. Thank you Lord for once again reminding me that no matter what happens, You are still in control and You will still get the job done.

No comments: