Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yes Lord, but....

So here's my conversation with God today. Do you trust me?? Yes, Lord but...was my reply. I went to church this morning with my heart heavy and my mind swirling with things literally out of my control. As it seems, God and I had this conversation over and over the last couple days. And apparently I've responded with Yes Lord, but. So today I can almost see Him up in Heaven looking down at me with love and chuckling to Himself and saying...hard headed woman, I guess once again, I am going to have to show you Who is in charge here. And so He did, just to put me back in the place so I can remember just how much He loves me.
The year has brought some new financial worries for me. It seemed like we were just getting a hold on things regarding our finances. Then Jim's employer announces that all employees would be taking a pay cut the first of this year. While it seemed like a little, for us, it was huge. It was time to just pull our budget strings tighter and make it work. As I fretted this morning about many things, I forgot about How all things work together for good to those who love Him. Meanwhile, He was prepared the heart of another who would allow Him to use her to bless us and honor Him. He never ceases to amaze and humble me. So today, my new answer to Do you trust me?? Is simply Yes, Lord.

No comments: