Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jim's back and other stuff....

Ok, So I've already fallen behind in blogging, but I think I can still catch up with myself...haha. Jim has been having back problems for months now. He has had steroid injections once before and is planning on having them again on Thursday. (Mommies...think epidural.) Remember to pray for him and me on Thursday if you can. I'll try and keep you updated on it.
Bradley update. For those who didn't know, Jim and I had a conference with his teacher in December to discuss his lack of focus in school. It was becoming a problem for him and it was making him hate going to school. It was very frustrating for all of us. His teacher hinted that he was maybe struggling because he had ADHD and suggested that we get him checked out by the pediatrician. We chose a longer more in depth route with some advanced testing because we wanted to be sure before we made any decisions about medicine. All the tests pointed us to ADHD and so be began to pray about what our options were with medicine. We did some research and decided to try him on a medication suggested by our doctor that did the testing. We figured that if it made him crazy, or made him lose his personality, we would just take him off of it. Anyway....we have had huge success!!! The first few nights, we didn't get much sleep, but then he was fine. He is eating much less, but the improvement at school has been incredible!! He was in the lowest reading group and at what I call "the bad kid" table. After only 1 week he has moved up to the top reading group and has gotten his seat moved back with the rest of the kids. Amen for small miracles!!
Taylor update: She has been nominated for APEX at school. She made it through the first round of testing. We are very proud of her!! I keep telling her that if she makes it great and if not, that she is still the best in my eyes! We are just praying for God's will here. Also she sold a bunch of Girl Scout cookies and her troop is planning on going to Space camp in Huntsville, AL for a weekend in April.
That's it for now folks!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I just found your blog and read this. I've got ADHD, but I wasn't diagnosed with it until after college. Oh the pain I could have avoided had I known about it earlier! Anyway, Adderal has been a miracle drug for me, and the appetite depressant side affect wore off after a while. I had some trouble falling asleep while I was on it, but for me, it was still worth taking. Just thought that I'd let you know about that.