Saturday, November 8, 2008

Upcoming TV free week....

Yesterday after school Taylor and Bradley fought over the TV for at least 45 minutes about who got to watch what and how she didn't want to watch waht he did and vice versa. I finally said, that next week, there would be no TV after school. I've been wanting to do this for a while, not really to punish them, because I know that is what it seems like now, but because I think they watch too much TV and they need to do something better with their time. This will also force me to have something planned for them to do because when they get bored, they will want to watch TV. I will keep you posted on how the week goes, and if we make it. If you have any suggestions on stuff we can do send them my way!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Well one suggestion is to meet so they can all play! We don't watch that much b/c we have so many kids in the neighborhood. There's always some game being played in my front yard or the neighbor's back yard. Board games are fun, there's always reading (for Taylor), make dinner together...let Bradley spread butter or stir something like that, go on a nature walk, bike ride, go window shopping, make a santa wish list, make lists of what they would like to do for their teachers~that way it'll be from their heart, color, paint, I could go on and on. Good luck! I've never had to enforce that~good thing with me having all boys~but they just don't watch that much. They're always playing outside or upstairs. Army and castle are their new games. Love you!!!