Monday, November 3, 2008

A couple random things....

First, last week klove was having this "ultimate worship leader" contest going on. When I first heard it, I thought what a great idea, I would love to call in and give props to David our worship pastor, because he really prepares me to worship Him. It is not horizontal but so vertical and it is just so refreshing and honest worship of our Saviour. David is merely the facilitator. However, after I kept listening, it was a contest to call in and brag on your church and then get entered into a drawing to have Michael W. Smith come and lead worship at one of your church services. Needless to say, I didn't call in....I like things just the way they are.

Second, Bradley who is in kindergarten is learning how to read. I remember kindergarten there was a lot of playing, but very little work....times have changed but that is another post i think. Anyway, back to Bradley. He's reading along the other night the few words he know and he reads the word "but". To a 5 year old it was just about the funniest thing he had ever done. He was so excited that not only was it ok for him to say "but", but he didn't get in trouble either. He must have laughed for at least 5 minutes. It was infectious, and soon I was laughing too. I didn't have to heart to tell him that the "butt" he was laughing about was not the "but" he thought it was. It was just too cute!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Bradley story...hee hee..5 year olds are just fun critters!