Monday, September 8, 2008

Some well needed R&R

We are back from a short weekend trip....it was some well needed R&R for the Schillinger Family. A wonderful friend from church loaned us her place on the Tennessee River about 2.5 hours from here. So Friday after school we packed up the kids and what seemed like a lot of stuff for the weekend.

We had a great time. The "cabin" as Amy calls it, it a 2 bedroom house with all the amenities. There was no roughing it involved. (Which personally speaking, is MY kind of camping.) It was some good family time with our kids. We swam in the water, (well the kids swam, I put my feet in) fished, made a campfire, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, and just enjoyed the beautiful scenery the God provided for us. Bradley was up at 6:30 Saturday morning, and spent the entire day outside on the beach.

I took some great pictures with my new phone. I finally upgraded my phone with Verizon. My phone I had was sooooo old. Jim had it before Bradley was born and I kinda inherited it. So it was time. The problem is: I took all these great pictures and now we can't get them off the phone without paying to text message them to ourselves....what a crock!! Jim, my computer genius husband is working on a fix to this problem, but it doesn't look like he'll have it figured out by the time I am finished typing this. =)

Now that we are back in some kind of school and work routine, I hope to be back to blogging more. Until then....

3 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Hey Katie this is Todd(Jens Husband) if you have a microsd card slot on your phone you can install a memory card and transfer the pics to the card and then take the card out and put them on your computer. If you have any questions call me.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I was beginning to wonder if you'd fallen off the face of the earth. Glad to see you back to blogging. I'm glad y'all had a good weekend, how nice your friend was to let you use her cabin!! Wow! I've been missing you...we need to get together. We're checking the kids out early Thurs. to leave for Hot Springs, AR! Yay!!! Maybe that next week we can get together after school or something. Love ya! Hope the hubby's info was helpful...=)

Katie said...

@Todd...don't know if the phone has that card slot or not. Jim did get it to pair with his blackberry and transfered some of the files that way. He said he would look.
@Jen...getting together would be great. Give me a time and place. =) Love you too! Have a great weekend.