Friday, September 19, 2008

Changes, Change, Changes....

I am having a much better week since Tuesday. There are some days that just get you down and that was one of them. But God is good, He sent a friend over when I needed her, and she helped cheer me up. Thanks for your prayers!
On to my news though....I got a new job! Jim and I have been praying about me going back to work for a while now since Bradley is in school full time. Yesterday, I was offered a full time job teaching a 2 year old pre-school class. It is a 40 hour a week job, but I was able to work out my schedule so that I would be home when the kids get off school. Jim's boss is going to allow him to take the kids to school and then come to work.
Later today, I have to give my notice to my current job. I work part time at the kids' school, but for this season of life, I need something full time. This is going to be hard on me because I have grown to love those kids at school as much as I love mine. They are sweet, precious children who sometimes just need someone to love them. I can be that person. But I know that God will send the right person to them so that they can continue on loving them where I leave off. I am excited to move on to a new place, with new people, and new kids to love on!! The job is in East Memphis, so it is about a 15 minute drive or so, but it isn't too bad.
Also changing, once again, is our small group. Woo Hoo....here goes the roller coaster again. In February, Jim and I started a group, and all of a sudden we had 5 couples and things were going well. By summer, we had one couple move, one couple leave the church, which left us with 3. By August, we really felt God was moving us out of leadership for a season of rest for us. (It has been an interesting year for us) At the same time, the 2 couples who were left, felt that same pull from God. The one couple is out visiting another church, and the other went to the connector and found another group. We are happy for both of them. We became friends with them and they prayed us through a very difficult time. For now, our mentors are starting a multi-generational group and we are going to join them and others for small group.
That's it for now....

No comments: