Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lamenting or complaining....

This past Sunday, Gib spoke on Psalm 13:
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.
He compared and contrasted lamenting and complaining...to listen to it, click http://tinyurl.com/55poz4
I am somewhere in the middle right now. While I am frustrated with life at the moment, lately, I have found myself lamenting about how much longer I am going to be here. But then comes the complaining....I am tired of this, I don't see why this has happened, and so on, and on and on...you get the idea.
Right now I am having trouble trusting in His unfailing love, because quite honestly, why would some one who loves me put me where I am???? Can you tell I am having one of those days? Now I have the "textbook" answer for this, but it is not ringing so much in my heart as it is in my head right now.
That's it for today...hopefully tomorrow is a better day.....

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Oh, Katie, I am praying for you...I just did, in fact. I didn't mention a name, but at Bible study tonight with some women from neighboring churches, I mentioned that I had several friends who needed prayer over various issues within their lives. God IS going to pull you through this....go to my blog, and then click on the link to my friend Christa's blog...her blog's name is Christalivenlove, or something like that....anyway, maybe God will bless you through her title for today, "Just Enough". I love and miss you....Thurs. is good at the park. =)