Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cricket Logic....

I have been reading again. Actually, I read all the time, but since I am home I wanted to share a thought on a book I read a while back. It keeps coming up in my mind, so it's time to put it down on paper. It was a Max Lucado book....In the Grip of Grace. Good book, but here is what stuck out and is apparently stuck. In one chapter he was talking about how one Sunday he was in church, and there was a cricket on the floor. He began to think about that cricket. Was that the only life he ever knew? Did life exist outside the church? Was there an entire colony of crickets, who wondered about this. (Yes you need to stretch your mind a little bit here...) However, here's the point. He said, "Have we become so worried about worshipping the creation, that we've forgotten to worship the Creator??" There's a wake up call if you need one!! Have I gotten to the point where I have lost time to stop and worship Him? I hope not. I know there is always more time I could be spending. What is there in life that has become more important than Him?? Your family? Job? Kids? Time with Friends? the list is endless. There will always be something that Satan can use to take our time away from our Father. I think that is why I like the crickets so much. I love the fact that I am so simply reminded of love and how His love is always there even when I am sometime wayward, as we all are. Spend some time with Him today...even if it is just a few minutes. You won't regret it, I promise!!

No comments: