Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year

Wow, the new year is already here and I have been slacking in the blogging dept. I am making it a goal to blog more this year...at least once a week. It has been very difficult for me to find the balance between working full time, being a wife and mom full time, taking care of my house and all that other stuff. Although I have to say that Jim has jumped in and has helped me with a lot of my house stuff...which I really appreciate. If you are wondering why I didn't send you a Christmas card this year, you are not alone....we didn't get them out. A first in our married life, I kept saying I was going to get to it, but it just didn't happen. Maybe next year. =)
My friend Becky who is From the Land of Elvis on my blog roll, wrote an interesting post the other day. It was so honest and I told her how much I appreciated that. She said how she longed to be out of the work place and home with her kids. Maybe I appreciated it so much because I share that longing. But it got me thinking, that even though this time in life I am working, God has blessed my so much by my job. I work at a preschool/daycare and my little friends sleep for 2 solid hours a day most days. I spend that time with the Lord...usually reading. I have several books to review. JR, our pastor at church gave me 3 to read a while back, I made it through one, struggled with the second and put it up for a while. The 3rd is next in line after I finish the one I am on.
I have some goals for the New Year, and I hope you do to. A friend told me that we need to strive for things, otherwise we won't do anything. Think about that for a moment. Personally I do not like goals....probably because I don't want to fail, but I am slowly learning not to be so hard on myself.

No comments: